What makes for a GREAT coach? What personal qualities do great coaches possess that separate them from the good coach? There are so many books and articles that identify traits of a great coach and as hard as it might be for all coaches to agree on the Top 10, here is my top ten list:
1. Christ Centered – As a Christian life coach, first and foremost it is about who you are as a follower of Jesus Christ.
2. Aware and seeking to live a life in alignment with their core values
3. Continuous learner and growing in their own self awareness
4. Change embracers and forward looking
5. Trustworthy and respected
6. Courageous and speak the truth in love
7. Action oriented and understands the importance of SMART goals
8. Curious, inquisitive
9. Realistically optimistic and believe in their client’s potential
10. Committed to evaluating and improving their performance as a coach
What do you feel are the most important qualities of a GREAT Life Coach?
To learn more about how you can be trained to be a GREAT coach, sign up for a Fr*ee introductory webinar with Janice LaVore-Fletcher, MCC (IAC), BCC and President of Christian Coach Institute, LLC.